Progesterone Deficiency Symptoms
Progesterone is an essential raw material from which your body makes many of the other hormones vital for good health.
Symptoms Associated with Progesterone Deficiency include:
- Fibrocystic breasts or breast pain
- Physical anxiety symptoms
- Fluid Retention
- Stressed Easily
- Weight gain
- Low Body Temperature
- Hair Loss
- Sleep Disturbances
- Heavy Periods
- Bone Loss
- Irregular cycle/spotting between cycles
- Easily alarmed
- Feelings of confusion
- Mood swings
Why is Progesterone Important to Supplement When Deficient?
Roles and Properties of Progesterone
- Decreases menstrual bleeding
- Decreases fat storage
- Anti-cancer; especially protective of the breast
- Increases body supply of oxygen
- Helps prevent hardening of the arteries
- Improves brain structure and function, memory
- Increases metabolic rate
- Helps regulate water retention
- Required for conception and gestation
- Increases intelligence of fetus
- Mild sedative in large doses
- Protects against miscarriage
- Prevents PMS
- Stimulates new bone formation
- Anti-aging to skin
- Inhibits Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Natural antidepressant
- Facilitates thyroid hormone action
- Normalizes blood sugar levels
- Reduces spotting
- Tones blood vessels
- Reduces irritability and anxiety
- Reduces testosterone imbalance
- Prevents endometrial cancer
- Anti-aging hormone
- Useful in some cases of seizure disorder
- Helps prevent high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of autoimmune diseases
- Increases (Ig-E) to help prevent sinus, respiratory, vaginal infections and allergic reactions
- Increases sensitivity of estrogen receptors
- Natural diuretic
- Raises HDL, lowers triglycerides
- Restores sex drive
- Functions as a precursor to corticosteriods and other steroidal hormones
- Blocks estrogen’s side effects and excessive estrogen
- Increases endurance during exercise
- Calms and protects nervous system
- Protective effect on brain chemistry
- Reduces cravings for sweets/carbs
- Thymus gland depends on progesterone
- Most protective hormone the body produces
- Improve efficiency of the heart
- Basic hormone of adaptation and resistance to stress
- Restores normal sleep patterns
- Enhances number of insulin receptors on cells
- Used by adrenals to produce anti-stress hormones
In addition, Progesterone has many clinical benefits to both women and men. Progesterone can be used to treat fibroids, Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Post Natal Psychosis, and neuropathy.
A simple blood test and review of your symptoms will determine if you can benefit from progesterone restoration. Defy Medical uses only Bio-Identical Progesterone which is prescribed through a licensed US compounding pharmacy. Progesterone can be compounded into capsules, topical creams, or sublingual troches or drops.
Hormone Therapy with Defy Medical
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is an ongoing treatment that replenishes hormone levels, so you can get back to enjoying life. Defy Medical’s experienced care team offers customized BHRT for women via telemedicine. These plans often include Progesterone, a crucial hormone for overall health.
Ready to learn more?Get Started
You May Also Be Interested In:
Hormone Therapy for Women
Defy Medical is an HRT clinic specializing in effective hormone therapy for women to treat hormonal imbalance and menopause.
Do Women Have Testosterone?
Testosterone is an androgen (male hormone), but women’s bodies also produce it in smaller amounts, and it’s necessary for many bodily functions.
How to Apply Hormone Cream
It’s important to apply topical hormone cream correctly so you can achieve maximum absorption.
The Complete Guide to BHRT for Women
Many women experience the damaging symptoms of hormone imbalance. This guide includes everything you need to know about BHRT to replenish hormone levels.