Does Sermorelin Work?
Sermorelin stimulates the release of Human Growth Hormone (hGH) from the pituitary gland.
It’s classified as a growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) analog. Sermorelin has demonstrated success in increasing hGH levels over time.
We’ll go over how Sermorelin works, the evidence that supports its effectiveness, why hGH is important for overall function, and more.
What is hGH?
The purpose of Sermorelin is to stimulate the release of Human Growth Hormone. To understand Sermorelin’s effects, you’ll need to understand why hGH is a crucial hormone for healing and repair, energy, sleep, and more.
HGH is the hormone responsible for growth and development. Levels naturally peak in adolescence and decrease as we move into adulthood.
By the time we’ve reached 55 years of age, levels are typically just one-tenth of what they were during puberty.
In addition to child and adolescent development, hGH is responsible for:
- Cell Regeneration and Repair: HGH plays a role in the repair of cells, tissues, and organs. It encourages cell regeneration for effective healing.
- Metabolism: HGH influences metabolism by promoting the breakdown and conversion of fats into energy. It also helps maintain stable blood sugar levels.
- Muscle Growth and Strength: HGH contributes to the growth and development of muscle tissue.
- Bone Health: HGH plays a role in bone mineralization and maintenance of bone density. It helps ensure proper bone growth during childhood and adolescence and continues to support bone health throughout life.
- Immune System Function: HGH helps regulate immune system function. It promotes the production of immune cells and enhances the body’s ability to fight infections and diseases.
- Brain Function: HGH appears to influence cognitive functions, mood regulation, and overall brain health.
- Cardiovascular Health: HGH is involved in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system by supporting blood vessel integrity and influencing factors that contribute to heart health.
When hGH levels decrease, it can cause symptoms like insomnia, slowed healing and recovery, loss of muscle mass, fat gain, and others. Many symptoms of age-related hGH deficiency are considered to be signs of aging.
What Does Sermorelin Do?
Sermorelin is designed to mimic growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), which is the hormone that triggers the release of hGH.
Under normal circumstances, GHRH tells the pituitary gland when to release hGH, and we produce less GHRH over time. Sermorelin takes the place of GHRH to increase hGH levels.
Why utilize a releasing hormone instead of hGH itself?
HGH is available under very limited circumstances typically related to childhood onset growth hormone deficiency or tumors within the pituitary gland.
Taking synthetic HGH can cause the body to stop producing hGH on its own, leading to a cascading negative effects on hormone balance.
By taking a secretagogue (a medication that triggers the release of the hormone), patients can avoid these issues.
Does Sermorelin Work?
Sermorelin has shown to be effective at boosting hGH levels when taken regularly under the guidance of a medical provider.
A recent review of scientific literature found that medications like Sermorelin were effective at reducing the death of cells, enhancing antioxidant defenses, reducing inflammation, and other positive effects.
This literature review also found that secretagogues like Sermorelin have a strong safety profile, meaning they exhibit limited side effects in most clinical studies.
Another review of literature found that Growth Hormone Restoration can improve body composition by decreasing fat stores and increasing muscle mass.
A study involving young and elderly men administered hGH at various doses found that Growth Hormone Restoration helps to reverse age-related decreases in hGH and Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF-1). These results suggest GHRP can have positive improvements in body composition and other age-related issues.
While this study administered recombinant growth hormone (meaning it’s of biological origins), modern Growth Hormone Restoration utilizes secretagogues to avoid issues associated with taking hGH directly.
Where Can I Buy Sermorelin?
Because it’s a prescription medication, you can only buy Sermorelin if you consult with a provider and have it prescribed to you.
It’s important to make sure you’re purchasing Sermorelin from reputable pharmacies, and that you’re working with a knowledgeable medical provider to guide your protocol.
Defy Medical offers consultations that review your symptoms, goals, and lab results to determine if Sermorelin is right for you. If prescribed, you can order Sermorelin easily through our online Patient Portal.
Sermorelin Therapy with Defy Medical
Defy Medical providers are well-versed in Growth Hormone Restoration with Sermorelin. Our comprehensive care is available via convenient telemedicine, with medications orders easily online (if prescribed).
You don’t have to just accept the symptoms of aging. Emerging therapies like Sermorelin work to address symptoms that come along with decreases in hormone levels.
Ready to learn more?Get Started