The Benefits of Injectable Nutrition
Injectable nutrition is an effective way to supplement for vital micronutrients that the body needs to stay healthy. With injections, all of the vitamin or mineral is delivered into the bloodstream, which means you don’t lose portions of it to the digestive process.
This makes injections the ideal delivery system for many nutrients, and it can often be more cost-effective, with better and more immediate benefits.
Some popular injectable nutrients that Defy Medical provides access to include:
- Fat Loss Kit (LIPO-C and B12)
What Are Micronutrients, and Why Should I Supplement Them?
When it comes to our diet, there are many things we need. These include macronutrients (often called macros) which are healthy carbohydrates, fats, and protein.
To keep your body healthy, you also need micronutrients.
Micronutrients are vitamins and minerals that the body doesn’t create but instead receives through diet and supplementation. They are necessary for your body to function and perform.
Micronutrients come in four main categories:
- Water-soluble vitamins, which dissolve in water as the name suggests. The body typically can’t store these in excess, so they will flush out via urination. Water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), and biotin (B7).
- Fat-soluble vitamins, which do not dissolve and water and can be stored in the liver and fatty tissues. These vitamins include vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Macrominerals, which are needed in larger amounts. These include calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and sulfur.
- Microminerals, which are required by the body in small amounts. These include iron, copper, zinc, and iodine, among others.
All these micronutrients are crucial for your body to perform its processes. For example:
- B-Complex (B1, B2, B3, and B6) supports mood, energy, and metabolic function.
- Vitamin B12 helps regulate mood and is necessary for healthy red blood cell production.
- Vitamin D supports the immune system and helps the body absorb calcium.
Unfortunately, most adult diets do not include enough of the micronutrients we need for optimal wellness. This is where supplementation comes in. Because you body needs these micronutrients for optimal performance, supplantation is the best way to ensure you’re getting the nutrition you need.
Injectable Nutrition Can Help With Fat Loss
It’s well-known that unhealthy, high-caloric diets can lead to weight gain. But nutrient deficiencies can affect your body’s ability to maintain a healthy weight, as well.
Nutrients keep your body running at an optimized level, which can give you energy and encourage fat burn. It’s also important to supplement nutrients if you are eating at a caloric deficit, to make sure your body is still receiving the nutrition it needs.
Some injectable nutrients that are good for fitness goals and fat loss include:
- Fat Loss Kit — This kit includes LIPO-C and B12, which when combined have been shown to increase energy, boost metabolism, reduce stress, and improve mood to help patients feel motivated to meet fitness goals.
- L-Glycine — This injectable may encourage fat loss and preserve lean muscle if you are restricting calories as part of a weight loss plan.
- LIPO-C — This injectable is a mix of Methionine, Inositol, Choline, L-Carnitine, Vitamin B1, and Vitamin B5. It is known to encourage fat loss, increase your metabolism, and boost energy.
- B12 (Methylcobalamin) — This injectable has been shown to help improve mood and give patients energy to pursue their weight loss goals.
The Underlying Cause of Fat Gain
Gaining weight can be the symptom of a larger issue. If you’re putting on more weight than you used to (especially around the abdomen), finding it harder to exercise consistently and recover, and failing to see the results you’d like — a hormone imbalance may be the cause.
Hormone imbalance can lead to weight gain, poor body composition, difficulty recovering from physical activity, and a harder time building lean muscle.
For women, changes in estrogen levels affect weight, particularly during menopause and perimenopause. Weight gain in men is commonly caused by a Testosterone deficiency, because Testosterone promotes muscle gain and may suppress increased fat buildup, among other functions. Thyroid disease can also lead to a thyroid hormone imbalance, which can affect metabolism and weight gain.
Nutrition and Fat Loss With Defy Medical
Looking for guidance on optimizing your wellness through nutritional supplementation? Want to find effective fat loss aids to help you reach your goals?
Defy Medical’s goal is to help you reach optimal health, promote fat loss, build muscle, and improve overall body composition. We also work with you to identify potential nutritional deficiencies and causes of fat gain.
Ready to learn more?Get Started