Supporting Our Patients During COVID-19
Mar 17, 2020
We want to share what we are doing to help our patients and keep everyone safe and healthy during this time.
Please know we are prepared to continue business at full capacity for telemedicine care. Safety continues to be a priority for us, just as it is for you. With the influx of orders, we are experiencing a slight slowdown in response and processing times, but we are working hard to move forward in a timely manner.
With all of that in mind, we wanted to let you know some new, limited-time provisions for our current patients who may be practicing social distancing and avoiding crowded locations.
1) At-Home Telemedicine Consults
- ALL Defy Medical patients have the option to access TELEMEDICINE consults with Defy’s medical providers for ongoing care, as well as primary care telehealth visits (we will be announcing more on this service soon).
- Our medical staff is available during traditional office hours, as well as extended evening and weekend hours for your convenience. No need to visit a doctor’s office in this time of social distancing and self-quarantine (unless you want to.)
2) Temporary EXTENSION of Lab Test and Physical Exam Requirements (CURRENT PATIENTS ONLY)
- LabCorp and Quest practice rigorous hygiene and sanitation practices but we understand that some patients may be reluctant to go to a lab facility and/or primary care right now for required labs and physical exams.
- We don’t want that to be a barrier to maintaining your ongoing Defy protocol. Therefore, we are temporarily allowing patients to refill prescriptions, even if their labs and exam are past due (up to 3 months) or due to expire soon.
- We will resume normal protocols when appropriate. Contact [email protected] or 813-445-7342 if you need assistance.
3) Early RX Refills Available – Up to 4 Weeks Early
- Ensure your medication, supplements and supplies are readily available by refilling up to 4 weeks early. Patients can also order up to a 6-month supply of testosterone (subject to BUD).
- All our pharmacy suppliers have the highest safety practices and do not anticipate any supply chain concerns. However, transportation speed may become an issue if domestic air travel restrictions are implemented.
- We encourage patients to plan ahead to ensure they have the medication and supplements they need, when they are needed.
- We will resume normal protocols when appropriate. Contact [email protected] or go you your patient portal to order.
4) Stay in and Skip the Pharmacy Line at DefyMedicalStore.com
- Our online portal is available 24/7 at DefyMedicalStore.com, where you can place orders (and have them delivered to your door) for supplies, medication, nutrients and supplements including B12, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Vitamin D and more to help keep your system running at optimal levels.
5) Tampa Clinic Location
- At this time, the Tampa clinic location is closed.
We will continue to monitor events and take guidance from the CDC and local authorities.
If you have questions, need to order, or want to schedule an appointment with a provider please contact us at [email protected] or 813-445-7342. If you're not a patient yet, contact us today to get started.