12 Benefits of Restoring Your Testosterone Levels
May 17, 2019
Benefits of Restoring T to Optimal Levels
- Improve memory - Testosterone supplementation may increase working memory in men.
Janowsky J et al. Sex steroids modify working memory J Cogn Neurosci 2000 May;12(3):407-14
- Reduce Alzheimer's Risk - Testosterone restoration may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's Disease by preventing the production of beta amyloid precursor protein.
Gouras GK et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000 Feb 1;97(3):1202-5
- Improve cognitive function - Testosterone levels correlate with cognitive function.
Hormones and Behavior 1998; 33(2):85-94 and the J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999 Oct;84(10):3681-5
- TRT can help alleviate depression.
Testosterone restoration is more effective than antidepressants for depression
Am J Psychiatry 157:1884, November 2000 and Androl 1992 Jul-Aug;13(4):297-304
Many patients are able to stop Antidepressants after being treated with testosterone
Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 2000 Summer;13(2):93-101
- Restore lost muscle and Decrease Body fat - Testosterone increases lean muscle and decreases fat mass.
J Endocrinol 2001 Jul;170(1):27-38
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease by 60% - Bringing testosterone from low normal to high normal lowers the risk for heart disease by 60%.
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Aug 2002. Vol. 87, No. 8 3632-3639.
- Increase lifespan - Low testosterone linked to long-term risk of death in relatively healthy adult men. This study is another major report linking testosterone deficiency in relatively healthy men with increased death from all causes over time.
ENDO 2007: The Endocrine Society Research Summaries Book June 5, 2007.
- Enhance Sexual Performance and Libido - Two-year study of the effects of low dose testosterone on men's libido. 82% of men noticed improvement compared to less than 10% in the control group.
Clinical Endocrinogy and Metabolism 1997.
- Defy Statistics - In one of the largest studies of its kind, this study shows a decline in American men's testosterone levels during the last 20 years. The decrease is not related to normal aging or to health and lifestyle factors known to influence testosterone levels. Testosterone concentrations dropped about 1.2% per year from 1987 to 2004, or about 17% overall. The downward trend was seen in both individuals and the entire population over time.
Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2007. 92:196-202.
- Achieve Optimal Performance - Testosterone Improves Sexual Function, Mood, Muscle Strength and Body Composition Parameters in Hypogonadal Men. Subjects did not exercise, yet their lean body mass and fat mass improved. Improvement was correlated with serum level of Testosterone obtained. Study showed that these benefits were not, however, obtained with testosterone patches (which are too weak for most patients).
- Increase Energy - Low testosterone levels is associated with fatigue. Using testosterone restoration increases one's sense of well being. Many patients were also able to stop using antidepressants after testosterone restoration.
Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 2000 Summer;13(2):93-101.
- Speed up healing - Testosterone restoration speeds healing and results in shortens hospital stays.